Sunday, March 05, 2006

Normalizing Life


Starting a discussion, how does that happen? Well, first you have to meet someone. Then you have to risk it. Risk what? Risk you. Risk opening your big mouth to find out if what you say matters. Not just to the person you are talking to, but to anyone. Most of all, does it even matter to you. If you are saying things that don't even matter to you, you aren't being honest with your conversation, I always say. Least of all, don't start off talking about nothing, when you really care about something.

One of the most important things I can think to talk about is life. I mean the human life. And how it works. How you work. How I work. What we do and why. As a professional in the analytically field of systems and computers, I have always been asked to reduce very human problems into definable conditions into which computer solutions could be applied for resolution. When I began to do that, I found it was remarkably straightforward, both in its science and in its application. I soon began to "take my work home" and began analyzing people outside of the realm of systems analysis in the business world. I began normalizing people into common sets of data, relationships and attributes.

Since then, much of my life has been viewed through the lens of normalization into the human world, afar removed from business, and entrenched in the nitty gritty of what is actually living- how we think, how we act, and how we connect. On the otherside of my brain is the dark and mysterious artist. Create music, invent things, look for God-life on earth, trying to break out, as it is in heaven.

That's a little something to start with. Not much, but at least it's something that matters in this mind. I'm sure its bad to use the words "I" and "my" so much, but you're in Kim's blog here, so at least let me get it out of my system.

Post your yak, I may let it stay. May not. It's up to both sides of my personality.

7 comments:

friend said...

I am glad we will get to hear your side of the conversation.

Kim Gentes said...

be sure to pipe up.. I want to hear those who have other thoughts too...

The Sham Chef said...

So what's a guy to do when on the one hand, you want relationship and on the other, you do everything you can to keep people at arms length? This has been my paradox most of my life. I'm trying hard to let my guard down and to do what you have said... risk... so far so good, but I'm still moving slowly.

The Commander

Anonymous said...

Dear commander dude,

first don't discount your God given instinct for self preservation.
there are only few things in this life that can really hurt you and unfortunatly people are at the top of the list.

However, I belive the the lord wants to say to you that your are a man that has more to offer than you would give your self credit for .

your stong desire to lead by example is the primary reason I have placed you in the arena that is observed by those who need to see examples of my leadership qualities the most.

don't forget, I have promised you that a your season of leading on a highr level and with greater impact is comming . your time of preperation is almost done.

Don't be deceived or discouraged becuase this time of leadership disipleing seems to go slow.
The dynamics of what is being accomplished in the kingdom are far reaching, touching hearts and minds of those around you.

Anonymous said...

Dear commander dude,

first don't discount your God given instinct for self-preservation.
There are only few things in this life that can really hurt you and unfortunately people are at the top of the list.

However, I believe the lord wants to say to you that you are a man that has more to offer than you would give your self credit for .

Your strong desire to lead by example is the primary reason I have placed you in the arena that is observed by those who need to see examples of my leadership qualities the most.

Don’t forget, I have promised you that your season of leading on a higher level and with greater impact is coming. Your time of preparation is almost done.

Don't be deceived or discouraged because this time of leadership discipling seems to go slow.
The dynamics of what is being accomplished in the kingdom are far reaching, touching hearts and minds of those around you.

Anonymous said...

Ok, see I just did this twice because the first one ...........aagagagaga

i'm relly tryin here

this word verification thing has got me spinning.......
well ... the second one is spell checked.



HAVE A GREAT DAY
E

Poker Website Reviews said...

It is more than word!